Friday, January 24, 2014

Saurav Intro and First Blog

My name is Saurav Ghosh and I am from Brooklyn New York. This is my second semester in the Marist IMC Masters program. I moved to the United States with my family from India in 1992. Originally I grew up in Roosevelt Island, which is a small island located in NYC. As a kid I loved to play sports and I was on the baseball and tennis teams all throughout middle school and high school. I graduated highschool in 2002, from St. Johns Prep in Astoria Queens. Upon Graduating Highschool I attended Hunter College for my BS and then my MS in accounting. I chose the accounting field because I believe numbers are a critical tool to analyze any business.
     In my free time I enjoy hanging out with friends and family and listening to music and watching movies on Netflix. Currently I work for Upsilon Ventures, LLC (Nov 2011- Present) as the VP Finance and Administration. In this role Marketing is heavily involved. It requires me to understand how to position, market, communicate and sell my organizations products and services. I signed up for this program to broaden my understanding of Integrated Marketing Communications.I am really interested in this course as social Media has an impact on our daily lives as we are constantly using facebook ( for status updates), twitter ( for random thoughts), instagram ( for pictures) and linkedin ( for business purposes). It greatly helps us expand our horizons and allows us to connect throughout the world. I look forward to this course and the opportunity to learn from you all.

Thanks,
Saurav Ghosh

No comments:

Post a Comment